Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PREAMBLE OF THE PHILIPPINES

“We, the sovereign Filipino people, imploring the aid of the Almighty God, in order to build a JUST and HUMANE society and establish a Government that shall embody our ideals and aspirations, PROMOTE THE COMMON GOOD, conserve and develop our patrimony, and secure to ourselves and our posterity the blessings of INDEPENDENCE and DEMOCRACY UNDER THE RULE OF LAW and a regime of TRUTH, JUSTICE, FREEDOM, LOVE, EQUALITY, and PEACE, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution.”

I would like to reiterate that the above-mentioned statement is indeed a “Golden Rule and Policy” of the Republic of the Philippines. I am stating this here in order for each and every Filipino people understand the VALUE of our existence. For those who took up law, you must have had a brief understanding of the statement above, and I am just reminding all of you since you seem to have forgotten about our main “bylaw”. To those who never gained adequate knowledge, since most of us are undeniably uneducated because of POVERTY, I am here to inform and somehow “educate” you – just so YOU KNOW…

It is TRUE that I memorized this during my time, as early as grade school, when I was in 6th grade. We were told to memorize this for our “Sibika at Kultura” subject. Now, I may have forgotten about it (I can no longer say it aloud and I needed to browse my previous notes for me to include this here), but I can still say that since it lies within me, I NEVER totally forgot its true meaning.

And about Limitations on Power to Construe, it is written there that “It is the duty of the Legislature to make the law; of the Executive to EXECUTE THE LAW; and of the Judiciary to construe the law.” – This division of responsibility, as mandated by the Constitution, precludes one department from encroaching upon the power of the other. Accordingly, since the legislature, by the very nature of its function, is primarily the JUDGE of the necessity, adequacy, wisdom, reasonableness, and expediency of any law, courts MAY NOT take any of these matters into account in construing or interpreting the law. (Statutory Construction by Ruben E. Agpalo)

I shall now ask the “Congress” to do something about this, since you are the “legislative state”, for the United Nations to identify what is EXACTLY happening not only to me perse, but here in our country today…